If these Guidelines are violated the moderators and the admin has every right to temporarily or permanently ban that user or restrict some functionalities of the forum for them.
The Do’s & Don’ts
- Add NSFW to the title of the question If you think it is an adult type of question.
- Don’t promote your sites, social media links, or link to your other topics in the answer content. Your profile can accommodate links for you.
- Don’t offer to pay for the help. This forum is free for all.
- Don’t sell your services in the answers or work for hire here
- Don’t promote products in the answers but you can review products related to the question by adding an original image of that product in the answer to verify that you own it and have used it.
- Don’t create multiple accounts because everything can be done with one account.
- Avoid linking to other sites in the answer content. Make sure you answer the question in a complete and concise way but if your answer still needs to be linked to a resource then you can link to helpful content online from a reputable blog and not to commercial products or sites and can link to a reputable screenshot-sharing site.
Absolutely Prohibited Actions
- Abusing or disrespecting other users
- Self or site promotion by linking to personal sites without any need
- Asking for personal information from other users like phone, email addresses, or login info.
- Posting personal or other users’ personal information such as an address, email address, phone, or identification document number.
- Posting answers with robot pace. Take time and answer helpfully.
- Posting the same answer to multiple questions
- Asking users to help them outside of the DIYhometheaterforum. (This forum is created to solve users’ problems in an answer and without referring them to many more things to read. The answer should be concise, to the point, and problem-solving).
- Abusing report a user or report an answer feature
- Threatening other users by any means.
- Abusing the (mention) feature of the forum